Lesson 17:The Chang songs, the most famous song in Thailand


I swear guys, this might be the first song I've ever learned or any Thai kids..I love it, you learn about body parts of this Thai national animal, enjoy!

Chang Chang Chang Chang Chang Elephants Elephants Elephants Elephants Elephants
Nong keay hen chang rue plaw? Have you ever seen elephants?
Chang mun thua tho mai bao Elephants, are quite big in size
Jamook yao yao reeag wa ngooang Long nose is called Ngooang
me keaw thai ngooang reeag wa ngang have teeth underneath Ngang is called Ngang
mee hoo me tha haang yaoo have ears have eyes, long tail

ช้าง ช้าง ช้าง ช้างช้าง
น้องเคยเห็นช้างรึเปล่า
ช้างมันตัวโตไม่เบา
จมูกยาวๆ เรียกว่างวง
มีเขี้ยวใต้งวงเรียกว่างาง
มีหูมีตา หางยา;

We will end this with a proverb about Chang.

Chang thigh(die) tang(whole) thua(animal unit) aow(take) bai(leaf) bua(lotus) ma(come) pbid(cover) = ช้างตายทั้งตัวเอาใบบัวมาปิด
word by word traslation
Elephant die, cover with lotus leaf
meaning
Serious scandals can not be kept secret just as how you can't cover a dead elephant with just a lotus leaf :)

Learn it to earn it!
BON

Comments

  1. Great lesson as usual Bon. The best of luck with the new blog and skype venture :) Ger gun krap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, I loooove your videos. And thanks a lot for the Thai text/transcript :-)
    ขอบคุณครับ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Πολύ ωραίο βίντεο κλιπ, κατά τη γνώμη μου, αρκετά χρήσιμο ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love the Chang song. I sing it to my nephew all the time and he thinks it's the coolest thing. Thanks for breaking down the song, Bon, I never knew what "mai bao" meant before.

    ~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon
    Good song to learn for beginner.
    I think there is one typo error in the last line of the song.
    มี หู มี ตา หาง ยา;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Bon,
    I just started following you lessons on Youtube. Thanks a lot they are very good and helpfull. Are there any further lesson i can Follow? regards Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your site via Ajarn Adam's site.

    Really love it so far!!

    Thank you

    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts